Accident Claims

The personal injury team at CH Legal can help you claim compensation if you have suffered injuries due to accidents at work, on the roads, in public and private places or as a result of faulty products. Below are some of the frequently asked questions on accident claims, but for individual advice don’t hesitate to get in touch with a member of the team Thomas Phillips or phone 0845 4786 354.

How soon do I need to claim compensation for an accident?

In general, you have three years since being involved in an accident to start a claim. People who were injured as children can bring a claim for accidents up until their 21st birthday.

What kind of road accident injuries can I claim for?

Whiplash injuries account for around 70% of all road accident claims. Other types of injuries for which compensation can be claimed include: bruising and soft tissue injuries, fractures and broken bones, injury to the senses or internal organs, loss of limbs, head and spinal injuries and brain damage.

Can I get compensation if I’ve been injured by an electrical appliance?

If you suffer an injury from a faulty electrical appliance – or any other type of defective consumer product – this is known as product liability and compensation can often be obtained from producers.

Can I sue my employer if I’ve been injured at work?

Your employer has a duty to protect you and your colleagues from any health risks in the workplace. They are also responsible for your long term occupational health and you can claim compensation for health problems which result from your job, including asbestosis, occupational hearing loss, repetitive strain injury (RSI) and occupational skin problems.

What if my child has been injured – can I claim on their behalf?

Parents or guardians can claim compensation for accidents which cause injuries to children and babies. Adults who were injured as a child can also make their own claim before they reach the age of 21.

Can I claim for accidents in public or private locations?

If accidents occur in places which are open to the public – even if they are privately owned – compensation may be payable to anyone who is injured as a result of negligence. For example, if you slip on a wet floor with no warning sign in a supermarket, you might be able to bring a claim. Accidents in private locations, such as dog attacks in a private residence, may also be eligible for compensation claims.