Child Accidents Claims

Claiming compensation for injury to children

Children are entitled to compensation for personal injury in the same way as adults. Parents or guardians can make claims on their behalf. Someone who was injured as a child also has three years to make their own claim once they reach 18 years of age.

Common types of child accident claims

Children and babies are often more vulnerable to accidents or injury as a result of negligence. Some of the more common types of child accident claims include:

●    Road traffic accidents – as a passenger, pedestrian, cyclist or driver

●    Product liability claims

●    Accidents at schools, colleges or nurseries

●    Accidents at fairgrounds and amusement parks

●    Accidents while abroad on holiday

●    Slips, trips and falls in public places

Although workplace accidents or occupational health problems are less common, many young people under 18 work in cafes, restaurants and the retail sector, so this is an area which crops up. Also, while there are fewer road accidents involving 17 year old drivers overall, proportionally young people are at greater risk of being injured in a car crash.

Many claims are also made for medical accidents and clinical negligence involving children and babies. These can range from injuries sustained during their birth, to unsatisfactory medical treatment or delayed diagnosis by a GP.

Do you need help making a child accident claim?

If your child has been injured in an accident – or if you were injured as a child and you are still under the age of 21 – you should contact a specialist personal injury lawyer to find out about potential compensation. The personal injury team at CH Legal has experience of dealing with personal injury compensation claims on behalf of injured babies and children, and we can assess your particular case and provide comprehensive legal advice on any claims you may have. To get in touch with us today, contact Thomas Phillips or phone 0845 4786 354.