The tax department has, in recent years, taken the decision to focus exclusively on tax dispute resolution and litigation. As a result, we do not carry out any direct tax advisory work, although we will, where asked to, provide an independent “stress test” in relation to any transaction or tax advice given. By concentrating on what we are good at we are able to build genuine expertise and in-depth knowledge which allows us to add real value. This is particularly appreciated by fellow advisors (such as accountants, financial advisors, trustees and other lawyers) to whom we are able to provide a tax litigation support service. We have particular expertise in the following areas:
- Representing clients in tax appeals before the First Tier and Upper Tier Tax Tribunals
- Tax related judicial review
- Professional negligence actions arising out of tax advice
- Alternative dispute resolution utilising HMRC’s litigation and settlement strategy and collaborative dispute resolution approach
- HMRC tax investigations including allegations of fraud (COP 9 investigations)
- Tax disclosures and Advance Payment Notices
To find out how we can help with your tax affairs, contact us on 0845 4786 354.