Whilst the UK remains a destination of choice for businesses, entrepreneurs, investors, workers, students and visitors from across the globe, UK immigration and nationality law remains one of the most complex in the world and the need for specialist advice and guidance has never been greater. The business immigration team at CH Legal has considerable expertise in immigration and nationality law and is able to offer practical and detailed advice on UK immigration issues to both corporate and individual clients.
The team has advised corporate clients on relocating, establishing new subsidiaries and branches in the UK, placing sole representatives and delegates in the UK and moving existing and new employees to the UK.
The team has acted for charities and assisted in recruiting and transferring personnel from around the world and has particular expertise in helping religious institutions arrange visits from dignitaries and retaining novices. The team’s experience also includes advising on tier 2 sponsorship licenses and assisting licensees in putting in place new systems and procedures so that they continue to comply with the law.
At an individual level the team has practical experience in handling the full range of applications for those wishing to enter the UK as investors, visitors, work permit holders, students, retired persons, sports people and highly skilled migrants to name but a few.
Members of the business immigration team frequently work with those in the tax, corporate and employment teams when acting for international clients in order to provide a seamless service.
The team has extensive experience in dealing with contentious cases ranging from those before the Immigration Tribunal through to test cases before the Court of Appeal.
The business immigration team is one of the few in the country that is led by a part-time Immigration Judge and a lawyer previously acting for the Home Office.
Our business immigration services include:
- Sponsor licence applications (Tiers 2, 4 and 5)
- Tier 1 (general, entrepreneur, investor, post-study worker)
- Tier 2 (general, intra-company transfer, sportspersons, religious workers)
- Tier 4 (students)
- Tier 5 (youth mobility, creative and sporting, government authorised exchange, international agreements, charity and religious workers, sponsored researchers)
- Spouse or civil partner visas
- sole representatives
- European free movement applications (EEA family permits, residence cards, permanent residence cards, retained rights, posted workers)
- European Association Agreement applications
- sole representatives
- entertainers and sportspersons
- UK ancestry
- visitors (all categories, including special classes of visitors)
- spouses, civil partners, unmarried partners, children and other dependants (in all applicable categories)
- domestic workers
- concessions and discretionary applications
- entry clearance and visa applications
- indefinite leave to remain (permanent residence) in all applicable categories
- naturalisation and registration as a British citizen
- applications under transitional arrangements (for those with leave in deleted categories)
- human rights claims
- judicial review